Re: [CR] Re: Love is in the air / removing handle bar grips

Example: Framebuilders:Richard Moon

Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 13:04:37 +0000 (GMT)
From: willc <>
Subject: Re: [CR] Re: Love is in the air / removing handle bar grips
In-Reply-To: <>

Bob,......List., I use a small nozzled air blow gun.. the type one would use to blow through carb jets etc, hooked up to my 100psi small hobby electric air compressor .... they come off a treat ....its also good when floating them back into place.. willie carton Coleraine , DERRY, N . IRELAND wrote: Steven Snider wrote: I have an old hypodermic syringe (I hope no one things it's for drugs). To remove handlebar grips, I simply fill the syringe with plain water and inject the water between the grips and the bars. Usually one injection does the job, but for really stuborn grips, I ingect in several places. In really stuborn cases you can add a few drops of liquid soap to the water. I can't remember where I got the syringe, but they can be bought at vetranary supply stores. I think the ones used for insulin would be too fine. The ones sold at cooking stores would probably work if one were to modify the needles. ----------------------------------------- Yep... I agree with Steven. Syringes are available for a variety of household projects from hobby shops. I always save the syringes which come with printer ink refill kits. I use isopropyl alcohol which will lubricate under grips and then evaporate quickly. A handy tool for injecting small amounts of oil exactly where you need it too. 10 to 15 milliliter sizes are very useful. ------------------------------------------



************************************** See what's new at